3 min to read
Meet the new Plano A-Series
Category : TACKLE BOX
It’s an ingenious, quick-top tackle bag
Plano revolutionized the tackle storage business over 60 years ago with the creation of the first molded plastic tackle box. Since then, the pioneers of practicality at Plano have innovated one new tackle storage solution after another – most incorporating their industry-standard, interchangeable 3600 and 3700 size StowAway tackle trays – giving anglers an unprecedented array of clever and componentized tackle storage and transportation options based on their specific fishing objectives and needs.
For 2016, Plano’s angling engineers have developed the A-Series QuickTop Tackle Bags from a totally blank canvas – an innovative hybrid soft/hard design, available in both 3600 and 3700 sizes, incorporating a range of pragmatic features that will help any angler maximize speed, efficiency and enjoyment on the water.
The A-Series QuickTop looks and functions like no other tackle bag ever built, thanks to its hybrid design, which places a durable and sleek, molded ABS lid atop a richly-featured soft tackle bag.
Operable with one hand, the two smoked, see-through lid covers unlatch on either side for slick access to the items anglers use most on the water, including mobile devices and top-performing lures. When closed, these items remain visible and fully protected inside.
“Almost every angler uses a smartphone while fishing for photographing their catch, viewing maps, surfing the web for angling intel, and social media,” says Plano Brand Manager, Ryan Olander. “The new QuickTop solves the problem of safe and accessible storage for mobile devices while also providing fast access to the preferred lures of the day… all built around a premium and full-featured soft tackle bag.”
Sandwiched between its ABS “thinking cap” and ruggedized, waterproof base lies an equally smart and excessively handsome soft tackle bag, crafted from an all-new, proprietary fabric that combines extreme yet lightweight durability with an adventurous aesthetic. A reinforced carry handle and padded shoulder strap with heavy-duty ABS hardware ensures failsafe transportation, while the use of MOLLE (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) webbing borrowed from the tactical industry provides additional functionality.
The QuickTop’s main interior compartment zips open from the top to house four included Plano StowAway utility boxes. Extra storage for gear and accessories exists in a series of additional zippered external pockets – a total of four on the 3700-size model and three on the 3600-size – along with a large mesh back pocket secured by a Velcro closure. Sheaths suitable for pliers or multi-tools are integrated on the outside of each side pocket. Additional Velcro straps hold tools tight. The innovative QuickTop is wrapped in classic and subtle shade of deep green, accented by its desert tan lid.
Plano Model No. 473600 and 473700 A-Series QuickTop Tackle Bags
- Choice of two sizes: 3600 or 3700
- Includes four StowAways in either 3600 or 3700 sizes
- Viewable, fast-access storage in hard top lid
- Proprietary polyester soft bag construction with water-resistant lining
- Molded, impact-resistant, waterproof base
- Exterior zippered pockets (4 in 3700 size, 3 in 3600 size) plus two tool holders
- MOLLE tactical webbing
- Reinforced carry handle and padded shoulder strap
- MSRP: Model 473600, $69.99 / Model 473700, $79.99
- External dimensions: Model 473600 / 16.5”x9.5”x9.75”, Model 473700 / 22”x11”x11”A is for alpha. Plano’s revolutionary new A-Series QuickTop Tackle Bags sit firmly atop today’s tackle storage hierarchy and anchor the company’s all-new A-Series tackle storage products family – a premium and distinctive line of innovative designs, each combining high-quality materials with clean and rugged aesthetics. In addition to the QuickTop Tackle Bags, Plano’s new A-Series includes a Tackle Bag, Tackle Backpack, and a Tackle Duffel, providing the discriminating angler with a comprehensive system for tackle storage and transportation. Learn more at www.planomolding.com.PLANO FISHING
A tradition of excellence. Owning a Plano® tackle box has become a heritage that has endured for more than half a century. In 1952, Plano introduced the first molded plastic tackle box. For the next fifty years, the Plano brand found its way into the hearts and hands of four generations. Today, there’s a 4 in 5 chance that if you own a tackle box, it was made by Plano. There are many reasons why consumers choose Plano, including quality, durability and innovation, but our favorite is “It’s what my dad always used.”